Ask the expert – Adolphus Hawkes Realtors –“Should I sell my home now… or wait until spring?” Many sellers feel the spring is the best time to list their house for sale. Definitely there are more buyers in the spring market and houses have greater curb appeal with plush green lawns and flowering gardens. This question “Should I sell my home now” is a big concern to prospective sellers before listing their home for sale. There are several reasons why you should sell now:
- Serious Buyers are out – During this time of the year, the majority of buyers out looking are serious about buying a home. The lookers will be out in the spring….
- Inventory of Homes are Fewer – The inventory of houses are at the lowest levels during this time of year. Therefore, your home will stand out among a shadow inventory of homes. In the spring there are more homes…and more competition!
- December’s housing inventory of 4.9 months’ supply is below a normal market of 6 months of inventory or supply. Any time the inventory is less than 6 months it’s considered a Seller’s market — Making this a good time to sell!
- Now is a great time to move up to a more expensive house…or one with more space…or maybe one with a master suite on the main level. Home prices are expected to increase by 10 – 25% in 2014 and beyond. This means that the cost of your new home will cost you more if you wait…With interest rates predicted to rise to higher levels in 2014!
- The closing process should be smoother — During the end of 2013 banks and title companies were inundated by short sales and refinance request. Now, banks have time available to process buyers’ loan applications and title companies are ready to close transactions in a timely manner. Making the closing process smoother!
For a complimentary Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) of your home, or to request a Market Snapshot of your neighborhood register on our website at www.ahawkesrealtors.com or send an email: [email protected]. We’re ready to work for you!