“How to select a neighborhood……” When most buyers start their home search they usually think about the school district, commuting distance to work, resale value, and overall condition of the property being considered. Selecting a neighborhood based on a school district should ensure a reasonable resale value sometime in the future.
Another significant issue is neighborhood crime statistics. The local police department can provide you with the statistics to determine the level of crime, types of crime, and any other trends that may affect your decision to purchase there.
When selecting a neighborhood you may prefer a specific type of lot, e.g., corner, semi-private or a cul-de-sac. Also, the traffic flow surrounding your dream home could be an issue….. All of these factors will affect your future resale value. When you have narrowed down your selection to 1-2 neighborhoods, take some time to re-visit each neighborhood at different times of the day. Look for a well maintained lawn, tidy front door entrance and quiet streets.
Determine if there are children in the neighborhood the same age as yours.
Other factors to consider when selecting a home are:
• Are you looking for a planned urban development or (PUD)?
• Are you looking for a Senior Adult Living community (age 55+)?
• How do you feel about a Home Owners Association (HOA) rules and regulations?
• What type of amenities, e.g., tennis courts, swimming pools, golf courses or walking trails are of interest?
• Where is the nearest hospital, grocery store, shopping center, restaurants, movie theatre and fitness center?
• How close is the community to mass transit, major interstate/highway for local and long- distance travel convenience?
As your local Realtor, we can provide you with valuable market and housing information to ease your home buying concerns. Our website www.ahawkesrealtors.com is designed to provide all of the above information at your finger tips. We also offer our clients a Market Snapshot of a particular neighborhood that shows the overall market activity, schools and crime statistics. You can request a Market Snapshot of your desired neighborhood by registering on our website or sending an email to [email protected]. With over forty years of combined real estate experience we can make your transition to your dream home one to remember….. Give us a call today!